Friday 8 February 2013

Work Experience with Rah Productions

It's been one of those weeks where I feel like I have a million things to juggle and not enough time in the day. I've been backwards and forwards to Birmingham everyday along with juggling parties, birthday meals, university work, house viewings and my little blog.

The work experience came about just at the right time. I'd already emailed a few companies in London about internships then a friend mentioned working at the Spring Fair as a dresser for Rah Productions. Naturally I jumped at the chance and just over a week later I was on the train to Birmingham.

I spent Saturday being introduced to my model, Kat, and her wardrobe. I was working on the Party Show so costumes included, Edward Scissorhands and Bat Woman. I get the impression it was a lot more relaxed and fun than over at the Jewellery Show, but I can only imagine how beautiful their outfits were. 

The rest of the week was then spent doing three shows a day. It's weird how quickly you get into a routine of taking clothes off your model and putting others back on. The poor models could have about four people trying to attach wigs, gloves or tights to them all at the same time!

I've met some really lovely people this past week, that I really hope I get a chance to work with again. The people at Rah are brilliant at what they do and considering I was so nervous, I quickly settled in and we turned into a real team. If you ever get the chance to be a dresser, I'd take it, not only for experience but because it's such good fun!

Follow me on Twitter - Follow me on Bloglovin'

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like good fun! Great photos xx

    http://lucycole.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Loved your post dear!
    Thanks so much for visit my blog!
    Big kiss!!

    Marianela xxx
    http://www.marilynsclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blazer!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like so much fun, lucky you!x

    vanityrail.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete