Monday 2 September 2013

The French haul

I made sure before I went on holiday that I did my research and decided what products I wanted to buy whilst I was there. We stopped almost every day at a French town along the canal and whilst my sisters spent their time weighing up the Wifi potential getting excited about that all I was looking out for was the welcoming word 'pharmacie'. 

The first thing I got from Boots in the airport was the Bumble and Bumble Thickening Hairspray which was a freebie with the September issue of Elle. I've got a long list of Bumble and Bumble products that I want to try so I've got high hopes for this spray. In Boots I also picked up Soap & Glory Hand Food. Hand cream is a handbag essential and since mine ran out that day I couldn't get on a flight without a new one.

Our next stop was duty free. I hovered around the MAC counter for ten minutes before deciding to try one of their eyeshadows, I picked up Mythology which is a gorgeous shimmery brown shade. I also picked up the Instant Smooth primer duo pack. I couldn't decide whether I actually wanted it or not but at £36 for 2 I couldn't say no. I guess even if I don't like it I can always give the other away on here. 

As I said I'd done my research about what I wanted to buy, but I didn't look into where to buy it from. I didn't know if there was some French equivalent to Boots or not. I played it by ear and just looked in every pharmacy I came across. My Mum had already picked up Bioderma for me and it wasn't until the last pharmacy I visited on my last day that I found the Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm and the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo. I will do full reviews of all these products after I've had time to give them a good trial.

2 comments:

  1. The mac eyeshadow looks gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Mythology eyeshadow, it looks amazing on :) I'm so upset that I didn't find the Nuxe lip balm when I was in Paris...

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete