Monday 7 April 2014

RIP Sweet Angel

I didn't intend on blogging today but I want to talk about something different to my usual posts, because if I'm honest I've been in bits since I finished work and received a text from Dan to say Peaches Geldof was dead. 
I didn't believe him. I walked along the cold stoney corridor out of work in shock. As I walked towards my sister I burst into tears. She said she knew I would cry. I always do. I text Mum because I loved showing her Peaches photos from Instagram of the little ones. I told her I was devastated. She said she thought I would be. Then I got in my car and cried. I cried for her husband Tom, for Astala and Phaedra. For Bob and her sisters. And for her. Because she was only 25. And I cried for all the years ahead that she will miss out on, watching her beautiful boys grow up, and for all the years her boys will have to spend growing up without her. 
It's strange because in some weird way I feel like I've lost a friend. I always joked that I felt like some sort of long lost Auntie to her little boys, the amount I used to coo over photos and video clips of them. That's the strangest thing about the internet. I've been lucky enough over the last 18 months, along with thousands of others, to watch Peaches and her little family grow. I'll be damned if you scroll through her Instagram feed and find a picture of her two little boys looking sad, because she was an incredible mother, and you can tell those little boys were her whole world.
The saddest part is that sweet little Phaedra, who she often referred to as 'wid wid' isn't even a year old yet, Astala not even two. These early years of their lives with their beautiful mother that I will remember so fondly, they won't. It's devastating.

To some she may just be another celebrity, admittedly a lot of famous people's deaths don't affect me, but these past 18 months, my respect for Peaches has grown into so much more than just Bob Geldof's daughter. Her attitude towards parenting is so relaxed and happy and she knew how she wanted to do it and didn't let anyone tell her otherwise. I absolutely loved back in November when she and Katie Hopkins debated attachment parenting on This Morning and she blew Hopkins out of the water. She was so fierce and passionate and her loss is absolutely devastating. I'm still trying to get my head around it.

I also just want it to be clear that all these images are from Peaches' Instagram account. It only seemed right to share a few of the photos I always looked forward to seeing when I opened the app.


"I shall bring them up with their mother in their hearts every day. We shall love her forever."
- Thomas Geldof Cohen

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. This is so sad to see, she was so young I can't believe that she passed away :( Her poor little boys will have to grow up without their mum, it just doesn't seem fair! Seeing this makes me realise even more that life is so short, we really have to try and enjoy every moment of it. Let's just hope that Peaches enjoyed hers...

    Love,
    Savannah
    http://mividabonitaa.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a shock,such a shame for her little boys and family :(

    TERRIFACE | UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete