Sunday 20 July 2014

The Sunday Post: A Girls Gotta Have Options!

This post should have happened Friday but since I was still running around packing six hours before our flight I didn't have time to fit it in. So whilst I spend my Sunday sunning myself by the pool (I'm writing this at 2am on Saturday morning so I'm not 100% what Sunday's plans are) you can all learn how not to pack... 

I'm not complaining, I do actually love packing. I tend to write a list about a week before, split into clothing, toiletries and electronics, then the fun starts! I like a fresh outfit for everyday, even though some days I'll just be sat by the pool in my bikini - better safe than sorry kids. I also like to try every outfit on with shoes and accessories so I know exactly what it will look like. I learnt my lesson when going on a night out, I planned a really nice outfit in my head and when I got to my friends and put it on it looked horrendous, so my way may be long winded, but it puts me at ease.

I tend to take every beauty product I have used a week prior to my holiday. With just my toiletries and Dan's clothes in the suitcase it weighed 16kg, our max was twenty (!!) Needless to say we spread the weight of my clothes between our hand luggage and the remaining 4kg in the suitcase.

I also wouldn't recommend leaving it until hours before your flight to actually pack. I've always been pretty organised but for some reason this time around I just couldn't get started, even though my list has been sat there a week. Oh well I made it, I'm here and I'll be home in a week!
  
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin

11 comments:

  1. Love everything in that photo! I also have a 20kg baggage allowance but what I tend to do is put all my heavy stuff and electronics in hand luggage and then the clothes and such in my baggage, in that way i can make the most of the 20kg :)

    www.kristianavasarina.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those H&M sliders! Definitely write a list that helps or getting inspo from Vogue or Tumblr really helps me too!
    KKKIRANXOXO
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome!

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where is the bikini from? I love it!

    \ Indigo Lights

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear, I’d like to say that your blog is awesome! And everything is amazing! I like your design, your photos and your style! Your outfits deserve separate attention!)

    will be happy if you find a minute to visit my blog)

    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love every item, have the fake birks too ;) enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy packing as well & making lists a week before we travel anywhere :)

    That bikini is beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bikini<3

    Happy Sunday dear!
    Cheers
    xx

    www.kelpasdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also pack way too much clothes when going on vacation, but we tend to drive on vacation (because I live in Europe) so I son't worry about the maximum 20kg on flights!

    http://industrialbarbie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete