Thursday 28 July 2016

28 weeks pregnant with Baby Pritchard

I've not had change to take a photo this week. My photographer has been out walking since Sunday for her Gold Duke of Edinburgh award and she only got back today. I didn't have the heart to drag her out (even though she only lives next door), but well done Em, you survived!

How far along?
28 weeks + 6 days.

Total weight gain?
10st 12lb, nearly at the 11st mark!

Maternity clothes?
Nothing new, I just live in the joggers Lou from work gave me. I'm starting to worry though that right near the end nothing is going to fit me at all and I'm just going to have to stay in the house until I go into labour. 

Stretch marks?
No new ones on the ones I already have.

Sleep?
Still okay. This last week or so when I've been lay on my left side it almost feels like there's a little mouse scurrying around on the left side of my belly. It's such a weird feeling. I've started to struggle rolling over, sometimes it seems like more effort than it's worth to change sides. Last night was rubbish, I woke up about 4am with heartburn and ended up having to fall asleep sat up.

Best moment this week?
It sounds silly since I've been feeling movement for so long now, but I just love all the big pronounced movements I've been feeling. 

Miss anything?
Nothing that I haven't already mentioned. It's a strange thing pregnancy. You spend 9 months out of a year anticipating that arrival and it's almost like some things just get put on hold until then. I was chatting to a girl I went to primary school with who had the sweetest little boy a few weeks ago and she said she cried because she missed her bump. I'm determined when I'm on maternity leave to out with Em and take loads of photos.

Movement?
Lots and lots! More often I can feel little things that I'm guessing are feet or elbows, it's such a strange sensation but it puts the biggest smile on my face.

Food cravings?
Nothing new, but I did read something the other week that said ice cravings was a sign of low iron. Turns out all those tip tops were trying to tell me something as I got a letter back from the hospital on Saturday saying they had my blood test results back. I phoned Monday morning and they said I had an iron count of 99, which I have no idea what that means other than that it's low. We were at the hospital anyway on Monday for my anti D injection so we popped round to antenatal for some iron tablets.

Anything make you queasy or sick?
Nothing this week.

Gender?
I had a dream last night that we had a girl. But I still feel like it's a boy. We actually sat down last week and properly talked about names. We got a list of 100 names up on Pinterest and each wrote five names for each gender that we liked. Some were the same, some were very different. We'll see, we've still got nothing set in stone though.

Labour signs?
No new signs, which is always a good sign.

Symptoms?
It's funny it feels like something new pops up every week. This week we've dealt with another brief funny turn at a BBQ for Grandad's birthday and heartburn reared it's ugly head. I've never had it in my life and oh my god I thought I was going to die in the shower the other night haha. 

Belly button in or out?
Out. I've done some good examining this week, they're really not as deep as they seem when they're in and they are in fact pretty gross

Mood?
Excited to get these last three weeks at work over and done with, I'm so ready for a break now. I can't wait to get things done around the house.

Looking forward to?
Our home visit with the midwife on Friday. I've not been measured yet so I'm excited to see what she thinks baby is weighing and what not. Our midwife looks like Jacqueline Wilson, I like her.

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment